"beauty in a faded rose"
while gardening on the weekend, everything is in full bloom. Roses are having their summer flushes.
I noticed this rose, surrounded by yarrow. It was at the end of its cycle - there were insects crawling around the petals, holes where a caterpillar had had a nibble, a petal fell of just as I took the photo. the image I saw took my breath away. a faded, rose, damaged, petals falling, insects crawling inside I saw such beauty in this rose. the colour, for some reason touched a part of my soul. I saw myself in this rose, its damaged petals resonating with me so much. Even as it fades, it still brings delight. It is indeed beautiful and good - no less beautiful or loved for the trauma or damage it has suffered. I see this in the rose and myself. is it not beautiful?
Monday afternoon, I spend half an hour watering in the cooling day. I smell valerian, it is exquisite; another herb ally.
I have planted some lawn chamomile around a rose, hoping it will spread to make a perfumed lawn for me to walk on. To be able to stand, eyes closed and breath deeply ...
Watering the yarrow, I become lost in the feathery fern like leaves. At one time, closing my eyes and sinking into a quiet place. Feeling the energy of yet another healing herbal ally. This is definitely healing among the herbs. Monday afternoon, I spend half an hour watering in the cooling day. I smell valerian, it is exquisite; another herb ally.
I have planted some lawn chamomile around a rose, hoping it will spread to make a perfumed lawn for me to walk on. To be able to stand, eyes closed and breath deeply ...
My garden has recently been described as 'my holy temple' and I believe it is truly, a most sacred and holy place.
When I lived at Woodford, I started a practice of naming the Full Moon and this Full Moon, the one just before Lammas, I am going to name 'Black Cockatoo Moon. For the past 3 weeks, we have had a clutch of black cockatoos, [at least 7], living in the hollow where we live. Feasting on the pinenuts that they find in the pine trees that are growing around our home, like the perimeter of a mandala.
they are a magnificent bird, so different to the screeching of the white cockatoos, these have a more genteel call, and fly with an elegance that the white cockies have missing.
I have been busy with my herbs ~ creating a motherwort tincture and some anointing oils. One from Vervain, from my garden and another from rose petals, also from my garden.
Both sitting in the Full Moon light for 3 nights. Vervain is to honour the goddess Cerridwen and the Rose oil will be to anoint myself for protection. I will also anoint my home with this oil - the door ways and windows. Doing things like this bring me close to my ancestral roots. Working with herbs, whether in my garden or creating beautiful oils and potions, brings me back to a place that makes me feel whole, brings me to a place that I had forgotten. A place that I am slowly rediscovering by spending time among my herbs.





3 comments:
Sound like you and your soul enjoyed time in garden.
Coffee is on
Oh what a lovely tradition to name the moons for yourself. I like that it is more personal and accurate for what you experience.
Rose oil sounds nice as well. My love to you dearest one
xx
perfect robyn, just perfect xoxox
Post a Comment