About Me

My photo
here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Monday, October 24, 2011

surviving & healing

I believe that Katoomba & Avalon are healing me. Peace fills my soul. Deep, long held grief makes it's way to the surface.. tears spill. I sit under my apple tree, surrounded by crystals and feel embraced by Mother Earth...I don't feel panic or fear.. I still feel soul loneliness but that will heal, I know it.

Long term grief and angst from my cancer treatment is coming to the surface - dreams at night and tears during my day....

no counselling back then, no-one to share my pain and fear with except Joe...
today, I have been offered a place at Cancer Help.. a place for cancer sufferers and survivors - a place of counselling, massage, reiki, healing. a place where I hope to find peace with this - a place where I can find that surviving is a blessing and not feel guilty about that. a place where I can honour my cancer and accept that it was just as horrific experience as those who don't make it.

it is windy today at Avalon.. I heard an owl in the distance early this morning.. the lilac and irises are finishing, the apple tree is dressed in new green leaves and apples and plum are forming in readiness for a summer crop. last night, we walked to Echo Point and watched the sun set over the mountain. this is pure bliss.

10 comments:

Janet said...

Robin, I'm so happy that you're finding peace in your new home. And along with that maybe you'll be able to work through the cancer problems and let go of them. I think Avalon is welcoming you and showing you that you really are where you belong and that you can be happy and healthy.

mxtodis123 said...

I am so happy to hear you are feeling at peace. Your new home sounds like a wonderful place to live. Blessings to you, my dear friend,
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm happy for you, Robyn! Sounds like it's truly a new beginning for you --Katoomba, Avalon and now Cancer Help too!

Everydaythings said...

Avalon is healing you and holding you close - I so look forward to your posts and all your new adventures there.

foxysue said...

I'm 'finding bliss' here too mingled with a tinge of sadness reading your words. May your peace grow with each new day as you continue down your path as a 'survivor, finding added strength from healing therapies and your new healing home Katoomba.

Soul hugs, you are not alone!

Sue x

Ruth said...

Sounds bliss - and I am healing too, assisted by the crystal you sent me. xxx

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh robyn it certainly sounds like katoomba is gathering you up and helping you to heal and find peace in all kinds of ways~i am so happy for you dear one
xoxoxoxo

Wendy said...

Oh, I know those guilt feelings well. For me it was survivors guilt after my dear husband died. I'm over that now. It was his time and my time will come later on.

Avalon sounds like a peaceful, lovely home and I'm glad you are finding healing under the apple tree.

I am moving. The house is sold and I will be going into a condo apartment for a while. It's tough to move, but life goes on and we must go with the flow.
Hugs

Serena Lewis said...

I'm so glad to hear you are finding peace and healing at Avalon ~ xo

A bird in the hand said...

Some grief waits until you're in a safe place, then it comes out. Mine came out in stages at different times in my life and I found it cleansing. There are always traces, and after panicking (it should all be gone by now!!! Why is it coming back, that sort of thing) I accepted that there will always be traces but they are just traces/footprints of where you've been and nothing else.

Love, C.