About Me

My photo
here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Friday, May 25, 2012

heal thy self

following on from previous post..

Katoomba is a healing place. and here, I am finding that I am beginning to heal..through contemplation, art and sitting on Mother Earth with barefeet, just breathing..

[I meditate often.. a red shawl connects me to the Magdalene energy..is it sacrilegious to portray myself here like I have?]

one of my guides is Mary Magdalene. ... and this is where issues come in for me.. on my spiritual journey.. I read of this one or that one having visions, others channeling Mary Magdalene and messages from her.. some have been given gifts or been told to create cards or essences and then I begin to wonder.. why not me? Why, do I have to struggle constantly with this.. why haven't i been given evidence that someone, anyone is there for me in spirit.. why must I wing it all the time? no feathers dropping from the sky, no messages.. just me and the thoughts round and round in my head.. and that is where the angst and tiredness come to the fore..
and then there is the fact that all these people who have been given these 'gifts'..charge us[me] an arm and a leg for them, putting them out of reach of most anyhow.. which then makes it look as if the spiritual quest is only for the wealthy.

oh and then I read about balancing the chakras.. spinning them the right way.. facing shadows and fears.. and if I balance my base chakra, does that mean the others are out of whack.. oh so many, many questions..

I sign up for way too many online workshops.. workshops that say that I can channel my inner goddess.. heal this, heal that.. find myself... and on it goes.. I spend way too much money on such things.. looking for a fix or an answer... and hoping that maybe I will connect with my tribe.. [but of course, that is yet another story...]

I pay people here in real life to 'heal me'.. shamanic healers and others.. and then of course, I beat myself up about the cost.. knowing all along that yet again, I am giving my own power away to others

I meditate but worry that I am not doing it long enough.. maybe if I meditate longer, those on the other side will be able to get their message across..

i don't want to get caught up in this spiritual woefulness or negativity.. but I must put my thoughts down here.. to get them out of my head, actually. to make sense of them once they are in writing.

I walked .. to my healing place near Katoomba Falls and sat in the sun, feet on the Earth.. wondering, wondering.. closing my eyes, I just connected to Earth and pretty much surrendered.. sending roots down into the Earth until my roots were mingled with those of the trees, the ancestors and all beneath the surface... I felt energies of elementals dancing around me.. and a clear crystal red coming down over my crown settling into my base chakra..

and the words, floated through my mind..

heal thyself..

ok. where do I start?

[books that are my companions at the moment: Women Who Run with the Wolves, Anatomy of the Spirit & the Secret Teachings of Mary Magdalene]

and Avalon? the trees are almost bare, my garlic and peas are up and beetroot is taking its time..we have started to paint the outside.. choosing a lovely apple green with aubergine trim and candy pink doors.. very colourful. I love it!
it is windy. winter is definately here. our fire is lit often, bundles of kindling sit ready to keep us warm.. snow clouds skim across the sky.. a promise that I will wait for..my first winter at Avalon.

10 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

My dearest friend. Do not think of anyone else. Their path is their path. Listen to the voice within. Mary is there whispering to you. Her son's dear friend is there listening as well. Your prayerful self-portrait shows your unity with them.

Pixie Fae said...

Oh Robyn, how I can relate to all you say. Slowly, slowly, I'm learning to trust myself, to claim my power, to let go of comparing my experiences to that of others. Trust yourself. Spirit Knows you.
And you look beautiful in your red shawl :)
Big faery hugs. Ace xx

Everydaythings said...

I dont know if you watch better homes and gardens? but last night they had a couple living near the three sisters... in the blue mts... I thught of you and thought that must be somewhere near your place? it was just lovely there! ( apart from the rain that is lol)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are a true seeker and the pilgrim's path is your journey. Blessings to you as you travel.

foxysue said...

I endorse Annie's words, your unfolding will be yours alone, you will come home to yourself and feel comfortable there. x

gma said...

All the answers that you seek are within. Prayer and meditation help.
Pray,listen quietly, spend time in nature,do whatever reading soothes you,follow your heart,happiness is the way. Love the beautiful photograph and you always and always. BTW you will receive a small something from me in snailmail one of these next weeks or so.LOVE

rebecca said...

dear sweet girl in the red shawl,

everything is with in you. everything is already present. be still my darling and know. believe. trust. fill your cup. there is no need to judge, compare or worry. your cup is full to over flowing.
drink deeply....
xoxoxoxxo

Janet said...

Sometimes all it takes is to let go. Let go of the expectations. Let go of the quest and many times it just comes to you. Life is a mystery and I don't think we're meant to solve it completely...not in one lifetime.

Your color scheme for Avalon sounds wonderful. I hope you share pictures when it's finished.

Cheryl said...

The word worry stood out like a beacon for me.

It's pretty much a destructive word that can undo much of the good done. Take for instance, mediatation and your belief you do not spend enough time on it. Time is an illusion created by man, it is not the amount of time you spend in meditation but the quality. Even 10 seconds can do wonders if it's enabled. For example counting to 10 when getting upset.

Dreams are a indicator to the truth of this, whole lifetimes can be dreamt while asleep for just a few hours. We don't have our concous body telling us this isn't working when it's asleep.

The above came to me as I read your post, I was itching to get started typing. I know the Angels are behind this, I started worrying myself about typing it. It's a message for me as well as for you and also a message for anyone who reads this. My gratitude to Heaven.

Love, Peace and Light.

Holly said...

I suppose that so long as you are looking for proof positive that you are good enough or worthy, you'll never find anything lasting in the words or actions of another....

We somehow have been encultured to think of teachers, as those who have the answers. When in realty, a teacher is simply there to mark the road so you find your own answers.

You need to make your mantra, "I am whole, I am worthy, I am that I am, that I am." We all understand that about you...it's easy for us as we're outside looking straight at you.

My wish for you is that you begin to understand that, as a Divine thread of God/Goddess you are perfect and knowledgeable just as you are. Love to you this day.

But then again, as a fellow pilgrim, what do I really know any more than you know?! ;-)