just recently, I began a monthly journey with a group of women - discovering 7 Greek Goddesses.
we meet once a month on a Sunday - at a gorgeous Sacred Space here in the mountains. the Circle is held by two wise women - sharing the passion - sharing their wisdom.
we walk into the space which has been set up like a temple. pillows placed in circle, each with a red knee rug for us to put around our shoulders, a cauldron burning in the middle with a tea candle placed around the cauldron for each woman.
first of all, we pass a basket of stones around.. each woman taking one and sharing her story, before passing the basket onto the next... these stones are decorated by us and are the beginning of our oracle.
then we are instructed on the Goddess. .. this month was Athena.. after sharing our thoughts, we break for lunch and then we come back together to create.. this month we are to create our Athena shield.. starting with 4 sticks, bound together in the middle radiating out like a sun.. then we weave.. because Athena is the Goddess of weaving.. among other things..
I started mine at the workshop, but did not like it so I decided to begin again
:"I wanted to begin again, so went out, with Joe holding a torch while I cut some apple branches from a pile of prunings. mind you it was 4 degrees. when I came back inside, the branches were too short. so I decided to leave it until morning.. dinner, bath and still could not settle. I cried. I knew I had to do something with this blasted shield.. so I wove all the strands into a little circle.. this is going to be buried in Gaia as part of my womb ritual... whenever that may be. I journalled for quite awhile.. anxiety about Athena. Embraced Hestia a month ago with gusto.. but Athena.. not one bit did she resonate with me.. what the hell was I missing? so I went to bed. tossed and turned, dreaming. I woke about 4am and just could not get the thoughts out quick enough."
we meet once a month on a Sunday - at a gorgeous Sacred Space here in the mountains. the Circle is held by two wise women - sharing the passion - sharing their wisdom.
we walk into the space which has been set up like a temple. pillows placed in circle, each with a red knee rug for us to put around our shoulders, a cauldron burning in the middle with a tea candle placed around the cauldron for each woman.
first of all, we pass a basket of stones around.. each woman taking one and sharing her story, before passing the basket onto the next... these stones are decorated by us and are the beginning of our oracle.
then we are instructed on the Goddess. .. this month was Athena.. after sharing our thoughts, we break for lunch and then we come back together to create.. this month we are to create our Athena shield.. starting with 4 sticks, bound together in the middle radiating out like a sun.. then we weave.. because Athena is the Goddess of weaving.. among other things..
I started mine at the workshop, but did not like it so I decided to begin again
:"I wanted to begin again, so went out, with Joe holding a torch while I cut some apple branches from a pile of prunings. mind you it was 4 degrees. when I came back inside, the branches were too short. so I decided to leave it until morning.. dinner, bath and still could not settle. I cried. I knew I had to do something with this blasted shield.. so I wove all the strands into a little circle.. this is going to be buried in Gaia as part of my womb ritual... whenever that may be. I journalled for quite awhile.. anxiety about Athena. Embraced Hestia a month ago with gusto.. but Athena.. not one bit did she resonate with me.. what the hell was I missing? so I went to bed. tossed and turned, dreaming. I woke about 4am and just could not get the thoughts out quick enough."
here is my little womb shield which will be used for a ceremony to grieve the loss of my womb 12 years ago..more notes from my journal:
"I feel fear well up inside me - fear of what? failure? I am comfortable in the Hestia archetype, after all, I have been Hestia from a very young age - even back to childhood. Athena is challenging me, pushing me out of my comfort zone. BUT, she wants to come forth I can feel it. I don't like it, I don't know what I am supposed to do. maybe nothing and just be. I like to stay safe. I don't have the courage or confidence to step out, blaze a path. Like starting my own women's group, or a reiki clinic [I am reiki master]. I have had so much experience, attending so many workshops. I was a Girl Guide leader for gods sake, 3 years of sitting in circle with the women of our future.. but I don't hold that 'bit of paper'.. which is all so important these days. I even carry herbal knowledge in my ancestral cells.. but that does not count.
I am beginning to wonder if Athena was with me as a little girl, when I was keeper of the peace, trying to bring peace and harmony into our home, our life. did I hold the shield to my sister and my mother? is that why I am I apprehensive about picking the shield up again? because it holds awful memories for it and i ended up being burnt out as a child. adrenal stress from a young age. Is the apprehension connected to my cancer journey, when I carried the shield of battle and protection, and every day being told how strong and brave I was? what is this foreboding, apprehension within?
I see myself in my lucid dreams as a foetus curled up in the womb in fear of being born, not knowing what is coming, what I am going to birth... stay safe...but Athena still calls, so I need to listen ......."
[have started my new shield, after picking long branches from my apple tree early in the morning, giving thanks to her as I went.]
and my everyday life? well, I noticed this morning that one of my plum trees have swelling buds all along the branches - but it is still winter time.. too early I hear my inner self say.. the snowdrops are already blooming - they are usually up at this time of coming Imbolc..
I am learning more each day about the differences in climate here in Katoomba.. the gorgeous magpies and currawongs sing in the trees across the way.. everyday. and not a day goes past without a white cockatoo winging its way past my back window...
we are off north again to visit the Mullumbimby Mob.. don't forget to watch for posts on Adventure Blog!
7 comments:
wow I dont know how you find all these wonderful groups.. I never see anything exciting advertised here. Maybe looking in the wrong places.. that goddess circle certainly gives me much to think about... what an experience!
ps our plum here has only just lost its leaves... I hope it doesnt flower or bud too soon as I dont think we're done wiht winter here just yet!
Have you ever read "Goddesses in Every Woman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen? She discusses the Greek Goddesses as feminine archetypes and notes that not everyone will identify with every archetype.
sitting with you
witnessing the baptism fire of life.
embracing you
and all our circles round the sun
with compassion and love.
Dearest seeker of all things true, My love and wisdom are by your side with you on your journey. We are both healing now and on a good path. LOVE always and always.
G'Day Robyn, I don't know if you remember me, I just dropped by to see what you were up to now days. Cheers from me.
Robyn, your womb shield is an awesome piece of art. Beautiful! Athena would be proud, as you should be. Your writings are book worthy, did you realize that? Should be read by those who wonder, who seek, who travel the inner spiritual path.
xoxo
Post a Comment