About Me

My photo
here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

how long has it been?

it seems like eons ago since i posted - so much has been happening and I have just not felt like putting it down in words. until I digested it all.

lets see.. alot of soul searching, journalling, walking and ceremony. ALOT.

an indigenouse based rebirthing ceremony in my own backyard - where I was surrounded by a small circle of women who honoured and witnessed my journey to self. we burnt eucalyptus leaves and smudged ourselves, they each gave me a blessing for my future journey and I planted a tree. a magnolia. in my backyard.

I created prayer flags based on the seasons - of Earth, incorporating myself into them. this was part of the Demeter Goddess workshop.

Persephone was the next and really, there is not much to tell about that - except that i resonate alot with that Goddess. it is the magick, priestess, ritual part of me.

I have had to let go of a friendship that was worrying me. very upsetting because i thought i had found a woman who shared my love of ritual and magick. but she was soul destroying in the end and I had to do alot of spiritual work to remove her from my life and it is ongoing.

my garden is coming along delightfully. we have been here one year now and i have experienced each season and love Katoomba and my home, Avalon as much as I did when we moved. Yesterday.. late springtime here.. it snowed!! I feel blessed and am grateful for everything that my life is offering to me at the moment. learning, accepting with gratitude.

a few photos of my journey the last few months

a year at Avalon. and although I didn't think we had done much around the gorgeous garden and home.. these photos show differently. my, how she has changed

my girls and i went out of a night to see Ash Grunwald, a popular blues singer

and I celebrated Spring Equinox with a lovely circle and celebration,

I am back!

and now today.. I have 11 days until I leave for my heart trip of my lifetime - back to see where my ancestral roots are.. dont forget to visit my travel blog.. I will be updating as often as I can and there is an itinerary to see where I am each day!

12 comments:

Holly said...

I am terribly happy to see you again. I have wandered away from my blog a time or two, as you know. I seem to find my way back again. I can't wait to hear your adventures on the trip of this lifetime! It will be glorious.

Everydaythings said...

so glad to see you back... I thought of you last night when they showed katoomba covered in snow!!!! I just couldnt believe it!!!!
LOVE your prayer flags!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So good to hear from you again, Robyn! I'm glad everything is going well and that you'll soon be traveling to Cornwall -- how wonderful! I must go now and sign up to follow your travel blog.

Cheryl said...

Kept passing by to check if you were here, was getting worried, it is good to see you again The transformation you have done at Avalon, in my opinion, has been nothing short of amazing.

Just 11 days? How excited you must be, looking forward to hearing of your travels.

J C said...

Oh my gosh, is it really happening soon? Are you going to Cornwall? Your last few weeks have been a wonderful journey for you, I can see. Bless you Robyn. Take care. xoxo

Holly said...

Me again...I'm wondering if you saw The Silent Sermon Sunday a few posts back? If not, I hope you'll go and see it!

Janet said...

I know how excited you must be about your trip to Cornwall. And it looks like you've been busy recently with lots of good things. I'm glad to see you posting again.

Kim Campbell said...

I have missed you! I look forward to seeing your travels. Such a big adventure!!

Raye said...

What a GREAT post! So happy to be a part of your Goddess celebration, Robyn. I will be coming back for more... You Rock!!

foxysue said...

Lovely words, lovely happy smiley faces, so glad you are feeling peaceful. x

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh welcome back robyn!!!
i am glad you are moving on and experiencing the good-also glad you have removed the negative energy too :)
your house looks just gorgeous-i love the green :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn! By my calculations it's only five days til you go away - how exciting!!
Your photos with your girls is so lovely - I can see you in them.
I can't wait to read of your adventures in travels of miss Robyn. I know you will have some amazing experiences. xx